Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My rigorous effort to improve English in listening, reading, writing and speaking

English is one of the difficult subject that i have learned. Although it is difficult subject i still need to learn it because all subjects that i studying now is in English. So, no matter how hard or difficult this subject is i must try my best to master in this subject. I am not an excellent student in this subject but English is my favourite subject compared to the other subjects. English is divided into four skills which is speaking, writing, reading, and listening. To be excellent student in this subject i need to master in all skills in English and i have put my rigorous effort to master this subject in all skills.

To improve my English in reading, i have tried a few ways like try to read at the right level. I read something that i can understand. If i read something that difficult and need to stop every three words to look in the dictionary, it will discouraged me to continue my reading. Besides, i also make a note of new vocabulary. If there are four or five new words on a page, i will write them in my vocabulary book. But i don't write them while i read. Instead, i try to guess their meaning as i read. I will mark them with a pen, then come back when i have finished reading to check in a dictionary and add them to my vocabulary book. I also try to read regularly and read something that make me interest.

In listening, i was listened to English songs regularly and watch English movies with different ascents. By this way i can make myself adapted to others ascents in English quickly. Besides that, i also served the websites that you gave to us to listen to the native speakers and answers the questions in it to measure my understanding.

Read short stories out loud and try to see, say and hear the words to reinforce my memory. I also record myself and play it back later and hear how does it sound. Besides, i talk to friends who are also learning English and only speak English to each other. This are my effort to improve my English in speaking.

After put all efforts in reading, speaking and listening indirectly i have put my efforts to improve my writing. This is because all these three skills connected to writing skills like read English article regularly, listen to the English songs, speak in English with friends and others.

I hope with all this efforts, i will be excellent students in this subject.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.